Monday, June 24, 2013

The Wilging Four

Last week, Todd's sister, Dana, and her family came for a visit from Albuquerque, New Mexico. We haven't seen them since January. The last time we saw them, they were preparing to go to Uganda, Africa to adopt two girls, Aisha and Flavia. You can view her blog and their journey here. Since then, they went from a family of two to a family of four! This was the first time we were meeting our new nieces. We all were so excited and a bit nervous. I wasn't sure how the girls would receive us, but from the moment they walked in, they completely embraced us and everything felt so natural and easy. We had a great fun filled four days with them.

They arrived on Saturday, I was helping throw a baby shower for my "brotha from anotha motha," Marco, so they attended the shower with us. The girls played in the jumper and ate and ate and ate! There was an over abundance of yummy food at the shower. Everyone seemed to be quite comfortable around a large amount of people.
On Sunday, (Father's Day) we went to church, then to my brother's house for some swimming fun.
Todd with all of our nieces, Aisha, Lean, Maya, and Flavia

Trent wasn't in 100% health, (although you can't tell from the picture) so he sat under an umbrella with me

After swimming, Todd wanted to take a nap, and Taelyn used him as a bed, it was too cute. They slept like this for almost an hour

Flavia is such a nurturer. She really took to Trent

On Monday, we went on a hike in Oak Glen

Taelyn and Trent found the biggest dandelion I have ever seen and made a wish

After our hike, we came home for naps and then went to Todd's cousin, Mandy's house for dinner and games. She had a plum tree. Flavia taste tested the first plum and it was so sweet and juicy, she decided to climb the tree and gather more all of us

We played Just Dance on the Wii

On Tuesday, Taelyn had Gymnastics, so we went to Gymnastics while the Wilging four did their own thing.

We came back home for some water play.

I brought out the water table and the kids played for a good two hours

Cousin Colleen and her daughter Ellie came for a visit, you would think these two were related or something...

We went to BJ's for dinner and we met Chaz and Jess there. Taelyn LOVES her "Best Friend" Tita Jess

Since we were a big party, our food took forever. Our server brought all of the kids a Shirley Temple (7Up and Grenadine) Taelyn already had water and apple juice mixed with water, but I allowed her to have it since the server gave it to her, she was loving it! This was the FIRST time Taelyn has ever had straight soda. (She's had a root beer float) By the look on her face, you can tell she loved it!

This was our last night with the family. Wednesday, I had plans so I had to leave them early and I came home to this sweetness.

I miss them so much already. I was so sad to see them go. I wish Todd's family lived closer. They are all so far away. A few days together every year is just not enough. I see my family multiple times a week and I love it. I just realized, I didn't get a picture of the Wilging Four... I need to be better about rounding people up and getting a picture. Until Next time Wilgings, we all miss you guys so much!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time and how neat to experience things through their eyes (like tasting a plum for the first time). Glad Taelyn enjoyed her first real soda! Who wouldn't like a Shirley Temple??? :)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...