Friday, June 21, 2013

Alabama Trip 2013

The last time we went to Alabama, I sore I would never go back, just because I went without Todd, it was rough traveling with two kids, and there was just never a moment to myself the entire time we were there. Then I had the worst flying experience of my life. When I got the wedding invitation in the mail from Portia, a great friend of mine, I knew I couldn't NOT go, so we booked our flight and planned to spend some time with Todd's family and leave the kids with them, so we could enjoy a kids free night at the wedding. Here is our trip through pictures:

Taelyn and Trent in the Dallas Airport waiting to board the plane
Trent fell asleep on both flights
When we got to Atlanta, after about an hour of driving, we needed to stop for a break to stretch our legs and let the kids run around a bit and what better place than Bed Bath and Beyond? Todd enjoyed playing with the camo bedding
When we woke up the first morning at Oma's house, she surprised the kids with Mickey and Minnie Mouse Pancakes. The kids absolutely LOVED them!
Oma bought Taelyn and Trent some cute little chairs from Wally World
Trent somehow thought it would be a great idea to put the chair on top of the couch and try and sit. In the last picture, you can see it was not such a good idea, since I snapped it as he was falling.
We always have a game night while we are out there and we played Apples to Apples and these are the cards I ended up with. They say that the cards you get, describe you... Besides, Sweet and Fantastic, I'm gonna have to disagree
The next day, Todd and I set off to Birmingham for the wedding, leaving Taelyn and Trent with Oma and Opa. I had a slight breakdown when we left. I cried and had a hard time breathing and wanted to turn back. Ok, so it wasn't very slight, it was a full on panic attack, but it was the FIRST time I have ever left my kids over night. I knew they would be perfectly fine with their grandparents, but I just couldn't get over the thought that if something happened, that could possibly be the last time I see my babies. I know, ridiculous! I don't know why such irrational thoughts come into my head, but Todd helped me get over it. Also, I have to say, I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!!! I was able to FaceTime with my babies and that helped with the anxiety.
I was so excited to have a reason to get all dolled up.
My sweet Sorority Sister Tiffani put together this ensemble
Portia was my roommate in college at Howard. She was such a beautiful bride
Todd and I
Todd can never be serious
Chris and Portia, happily married!
Jeff and me, another great friend from Howard
Jeff, Portia and Me
Todd and I had a blast at the wedding and when it was over, we went to a hotel to stay the night since Birmingham is three hours away from Todd's mom's house. We woke up drove back and hung out for a bit and then got back in the car to drive two more hours to Atlanta to stay another night in a hotel so we could wake up and catch an early flight back home. This is Taelyn and Oma saying, "Bye" to each other.
Taelyn and Trent playing in the hotel
Opa giving hugs to his boy
Opa smothering Taelyn with kisses
This is such a sweet moment I caught of Taelyn and Trent. I think this is my favorite picture of them, yet... That is saying A LOT since I take LOTS of pictures of them.
We had a layover in Dallas and Trent was playing with hats
This was the last picture I took before we got home. Houston, we have a problem
It was a great trip for all of us. Todd and I were able to get away alone, without the kids and the kids got some solo time with Oma and Opa. I think all in all it was good for all parties. We truly had a great time. There was a moment where Oma and Opa were walking away from our hotel room and Taelyn opened the door and ran to them for extra hugs and kisses. She said, "Oma, don't leave me! I LOVE you!!" We all cried. It sucks living so far away from family, but it is nice to be able to visit. This was the first time that Taelyn really understood the distance. She said, "I wish Oma was closer, she lives FAR away!" She is still asking when she will see her again. It makes me sad. I hate that they live so far away. I'm just glad we are able to stay in touch through FaceTime and visit every year.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you and Todd got some time away!! I love your hair back like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...