Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day

Let me start off by saying I am no longer irritated with most of the things I was irritated with in the last post. When Todd came home last night, he arrived with a NEW camera. I guess they couldn't fix the problem, so they gave us a completely new camera.... Why that took nearly 2 month's I'll never know.

On Valentine's day Todd had to work so we got up early and had a Valentine's breakfast with the kids at Arthur's, a family style restaurant that we love near our house. After breakfast, we exchanged cards and I was so happy to get a card, but inside the card, there was a $50 gift card to Spa Finder. I really should have been happy, but I was kinda perturbed because we agreed to no longer buy each other gifts, so I looked like an a-hole since I just gave him a card. Oh well, what are you gonna do? (Go get a massage!)




Todd left for work and I told a few friends that if they wanted to go out for Valentine's day that I could watch their kids while they went out. My friend Mel brought over her little boy for a few hours while her and her hubby had a lunch date. That was super easy, it was just one sweet little boy and it was during his nap time, so he slept nearly the entire time he was at my house. Our great friends/neighbors JJ and Kellina planned a night out and left their 3 kiddos with me over night. Boy did I have my hands FULL with my two kids and their three! They have a 10 year old, Sierrah, a 3 year old, London and a one year old, Drake. These kids are the sweetest kids and they are like my own anyway. We see them often,I've known them their entire lives, they are used to me, so no problem, right? WRONG! They were completely awesome until they realized they were spending the night. The 3 and 1 year old started to cry and continued to cry for nearly 2 hours.

Little Sierrah was my saving grace. She helped with her little sister and brother so much! We got through dinner and they were fine during bath time, then they cried all the way until they fell asleep. It was pretty rough, even for me and I can do everything! It wasn't anything I couldn't handle, it was just so heartbreaking to see how sad they were and how much they wanted their daddy and mommy. That is where Sierrah was amazing. She was such a great big sister and explained to them that mommy and daddy were coming back and to just go to sleep and when they wake up, they would see mommy and daddy. Todd got home just after everyone went to sleep. I was exhausted. The kids slept all the way until pick up time. I had to wake them up. All in all, Valentine's day was really full of kids and certainly love! JJ and Kellina gave me a gift certificate to Glen Ivy Hot Springs for watching their kids, it was totally unnecessary, but hey, I LOVE me a good massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...