Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lately.... (Long, Catch Up Post)

I have been completely neglecting my blog. Not because I want to or because I don't have the time, it is strictly because I really haven't had anything to talk about. Every day has become so routine and kinda boring. My day is broken up into two parts: Before and after naps. When I wake up, I get dressed and then I get Trent dressed. By then, Taelyn is awake. I get her dressed and we have breakfast. Taelyn's favorite thing to eat right now is oatmeal. She eats A LOT for breakfast. (Sometimes, this is her ONLY solid meal of the day). After breakfast, depending on the day, I either go to the park, run errands, visit friends, go to my mom's, Bible Study on Wednesday and TMOM's every other Friday, anything to keep myself busy.

Taelyn is trying to be helpful by feeding her baby brother


We go to the park, while Taelyn plays

I wear Trent and hang out with friends

I go to my mom's house and visit with them and have lunch and then go home for naps.


During their nap, I try to clean up the house and get things in order. I read the bible, I watch TV, I try to enjoy the hour or so of silence before I want to pull my hair out again. This particular day, I tackled the play room. This room seriously gives me anxiety. It is SOOO CLUTTERED, I can't stand it!

This is Taelyn's play room.... Before

After.... I cleaned, organized and disinfected every single toy she has. It took the entire nap time and then some.

Usually Taelyn wakes up first and we go downstairs and hang out for a while

Trent is beginning to be more sturdy and is sitting up most of the time

I normally prop him up, but from the looks of it, I won't need to soon

Taelyn is exploring and getting herself into trouble more often. Its trying, but when you see something like this, you can't help but to laugh.

She is more independent, but when she sees her brother in the swing, (although when she was his age, she hated the swing) she wants to be in the swing right next to him.


I made the yard sale signs to hang around the neighborhood

Trent was hanging out while I worked and his sister played

When it begins to cool down, I take the kids for a walk. I put Trent in the Baby Bjorn and Taelyn in her stroller and I walk around the block. This is my only form of exercise. I enjoy the walk and the kids get some fresh air and enjoy it too. By the time I get back from my walk, Taelyn plays outside on her Quad or on her bike. Then we come in, I put on some sort of show, usually Yo Gabba Gabba and I start dinner.

Dinner is the worst part of my day, I never know if Taelyn is going to eat and that stresses me out. I have come to the conclusion that if she doesn't eat what I give her in a certain amount of time, then it becomes breakfast. I have tried it for a week now and it seems to be working.

After dinner, it is bath time and then bed time.... this is my favorite time of the day. I love bath time, maybe because it is "CLEAN FUN" I love how my kids look when they are wet. Especially Taelyn. Her hair is just so curly and cute. Is that weird? Oh well, I love it. I read to Taelyn and then I put her to bed. Then I pick up the house and do anything I have left to be done.

I have discovered I am a gift bag and tissue hoarder. While looking for things to sell for a yard sale, I have decided to part with most of my bags


This past weekend, we had a block yard sale to make some space in our house and garage of things we no longer need. I made the joke, "Let our trash be your treasure" That is so true because somethings that we don't like or are tired of, so many people were more than happy to take it off of our hands.

Taelyn at the Yard Sale, it was COLD!

This was our set up


We got a rid of a lot of stuff and I am proud to say that I am able to park in my garage again! By the time the kids went to bed, Todd and I hung out on the couch and caught up on TiVo'ed shows. The perfect way to end the night! We were pooped.

This has been how I have ended every night for the past few weeks, I don't know why, but it relaxes me and makes me sleepy. I have just one glass and I am ready for bed


I am still waiting for my camera to be returned, so I have these ugly cell phone pictures. I really miss my camera! So that has been my life lately in a large nut shell.

2 comments:

  1. I sounds like many of my days :-) It's a sweet, uncomplicated time huh? It can seem boring and monotonous at times, but aren't our kids blessed to have their mama love on them all day long? I'm blessed by them as well :-) I'm trying to savor this time because I feel like it's going to be gone so soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be over soon enough an that makes me so sad! I may complain and am tired a lot, but I am really cherishing every moment, because it will never be like this again.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...