Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stater Bro's Tour, Walks and a Lazy Saturday Morning

We went on a tour of Stater Bro's last week with my TMOM's group. It was really interesting. When we got there, they gave all of the kids little back packs and a cookie card good for a free cookie the next time we visit. We 1st went to the deli, they gave the kids some potato wedges to eat along the way. They showed them how the slicers and the ovens work. Next, was the bakery. They decorated a cake for us then gave the kids a cookie. That was really neat to see how easy and fast they can crank these cakes out. They took us to this huge refrigerator where they store the milk and other dairy products. It was cool being on the other side of where we get our milk from. We went to the loading dock to see where the shipments come in. They used a fork lift to move some really huge boxes. At the meat department, the kids got cute hats like all of the workers wear.


We were able to watch how they separate and package the meat. They showed us some strange meats like cow tongue and kidneys. Left me wondering, who actually purchases those things to cook?? In the produce area, they gave us all bananas and apples. The kids took turns watering produce. It was a long and thorough tour. The kids loved it. They were interactive, got treats and at the end, they got a balloon. It was really for for all involved!


After the tour, Taelyn, Trent and I went to visit my friend Amber, who is pregnant and on bed rest. Gosh, it seems like all the preggos I know right now are on bed rest poor things! I know first hand how they are feeling, so I try and make a point to visit them and keep them company. After our visit, we came home and went on a walk with our neighbor and her son. Braxdon turned 1 on Feb. 15th and this cool Radio Flyer was one of his sweet gifts.


I had to snap this cell phone pic to send to Todd while he was at work and we were all in bed having a lazy Saturday morning.

This was the picture he sent back to us while he was at work in his office

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...