Friday, January 13, 2012

What's New

Things in the DiMillo House are becoming a whole lot easier. I have settled into the role of "Mommy of TWO." I am a champ at getting them in and out of the car and into a cart or the Baby Bjorn for shopping purposes. I have meal times and nap/bed times down. I am rested and beginning to feel better and better about myself everyday.

Taelyn has been challenging me on a daily basis. She is nearing 2 and losing her mind by telling me "NO" often. Everything I ask her, the answer is "No." She knows many, many words, but her favorite word right now is "no" and I HATE it! I get anxiety every meal time because I never know if it will be a good meal time or bad. Sometimes she eats very well and other times she is awful. In the past few days, she has gotten better. Thank God for Yo Gabba Gabba and the "Try It, You'll Like It" song. IT has really helped in her food selection. By singing that song, I can at least get her to taste some of the food.


Taelyn has been copying everything I do. She got a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas and she treats the doll the way I treat Trent. The other day, she lifted her shirt and tried to breast feed the doll, it was too cute! She loves to help me around the house. When I am cleaning, she follows behind me wiping what ever I wipe. She is able to follow direction and does what I tell her to do. I love it because I have her get me diapers and wipes and throw them away. She puts away her toys. She loves her baby brother and is very attentive when it comes to him. That makes for a very happy mama!


Trent is such a pleasant baby. He is truly a joy. He is a TANK! Todd jinxed me from the beginning by saying he wanted to name him tank. He is 3 months now and nearly 16 pounds! Taelyn wasn't 16 pounds until she was nearly 6 months! He is heavy.

Although he is a brute, he is so loving. When I nurse him, he hugs me. It is the sweetest thing. When I hold him, he nestles his head into my neck and pulls me in closer. He is already so affectionate and always wants to be held close and tight. I love it because I never got that with Taelyn. When I kiss him he grabs my face with both hands and pulls me in. It just melts my heart.


Trent is nearly as big as Taelyn. I'm sure he is going to pass her up at the rate he is going.


I am just so in love with my kids. Trent was truly the missing puzzle piece and now the DiMillo's are complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...