Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Me Time

Yesterday, I woke up in a really ugly mood. I don't even know why. Taelyn has been sleeping in until 8am, sometimes 9am. She woke up at 6:30am. (UGH!) That was rough for me since I went to bed at nearly midnight the night before and Trent was unusually fussy throughout the night. Todd has been no help to me since he had a "procedure" on Friday, that I'm not supposed to talk about. (Lets just say, we are no longer having any kids) He was sleeping soundly when I woke up with the kids.

I went downstairs and fed Trent, the whole time, I was praying. I was in such a bad mood and I didn't want to react towards my babies, so I just had to give it to God. I have been with my kids with no help for nearly over a week. I have not had any kind of break, or relief from them. I think that when you have no time for yourself, you become resentful and moody, and I had gotten to that point. I made breakfast for Taelyn. While I was feeding her, I began to feel peace about my attitude then suddenly I got an alert on my phone.... I had a dentist appointment at 9am. I don't know why, because I HATE going to the dentist, but that made me so happy! I rushed upstairs and woke Todd up and told him he HAD to watch the kids because I forgot I had an appointment. The kids were already dressed and fed, so he didn't have much to do. I got dressed in like 10 minutes, kissed my babies and ran out the door.

I was so happy to be away. I needed to be alone! I LOVE my babies, but goodness it felt so good to be away from them for a while. Do I sound like a bad mommy? I feel awful for saying that, but man, I feel like I need some time to miss them. I was only at the dentist for a half hour. I wasn't ready to go home, so I called my friend Lea, who is pregnant and on bed rest. I had a nice, uninterrupted visit with her for a while. Then went home to my THREE babies. I really needed that. I came and was so happy to see everyone. Taelyn ran to me with open arms and screamed "MOMMY!" Is that what it feels like to be missed? That is the greeting Todd gets everyday. It felt great. I was so happy to be with them again. It is so true when people say that you need some "Me Time" I am going to make it a point to take at least an hour a week for time to myself, ALONE!

Taelyn feeding her brother, while mommy was away. Such a good big sister!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone deserves some "me time" every now and then, NOTHING bad about having that urge to have some quality time with self.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...