Friday, March 25, 2011

Taelyn's 1st Birthday Party


On March 20, 2011 my little baby Taelyn turned 1 year old. I have been stressing out about her birthday party that I "said" was not going to be a huge event, but honestly I don't know any other way. I was so worried about the weather and the food and the activities and the guests and getting everything done before everyone got there... as you can all see, I worried a lot! The night before I couldn't even sleep. I was so excited and anxious. I finally gave up on sleep at 4:30 am. I got up and started the cupcakes. I made cupcakes for the kids to decorate and cupcakes that were meant to eat. I made some last minute signs and when Todd finally woke up, he started transporting everything from our house to my mom's. It took 3 trips. Thank God she doesn't live far.

Taelyn woke up and was pleasant as ever. She had breakfast and played while I finished the cupcakes. Todd and I got ready and left Taelyn in her pj's. We decided it would be easier to dress her at my mom's. The moment I got to my mom's house, it was work, work, work! I set up the tables and chairs, with the help of Todd, Eddie and LaQualia.

We got all of the tables cloths and center pieces together and ready to be seated.

Next was the Candy Bar:

The Nacho Bar:

I had a chocolate fountain with fruit, pretzels, marshmallows, Oreos, and candy.

I had lollipops everywhere. They lined the driveway to get the back yard, they were hung on the poles and the windows. (Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of any of it) I had signs for everything. I had a table set up for the cupcake and gingerbread man decorating.


Finally, I was done with everything I could think of, all that was needed were the quests. And boy were there guests!!! People came from everywhere. The weather was HORRIBLE! It was cold and windy, but because I have the most AMAZING family and friends, they braved the cold (sightly rainy) weather and still came to celebrate my little miracle baby reaching her 1 year milestone. Grampy and Grammy came from ARIZONA. Others came from: Temecuala, Costa Mesa, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Victorville, Perris, Moreno Valley, etc. all for my baby! I truly felt the love and I fully appreciate their presence.

My mom made Filipino food as well as the food that we ordered. The quest were overwhelmed with a variety of things to eat, just the way we like it. The kids, who honestly didn't feel how cold it really was, enjoyed the jumper.


We had a Pinata, the kids really got a kick out of that thing! Watching the kids try and hit it was hilarious. We decided not to blind fold them because most of them were little ones anyway. By the time we got to the 9th or 10th kid, the candy came pouring out and the kiddos scattered all over the floor with their bags and collected the candy. Great fun for all.






Moving right along, after we did the Pinata, I gathered everyone into the dining room to sing Happy Birthday. Taelyn did so well. She didn't cry with all those eyes and loud voices singing for her. She actually seemed to enjoy it.






We had a great time and just as everyone slowly started to go their separate ways, I started the gift opening. I felt like it was my baby shower Part II. There were soooo many gifts. I honestly was dreading this part of the party. Taelyn got so many wonderful gifts. I am so excited at the amount of books she received. We are going to have a great time reading those together. Taelyn got lots of toys and clothes. This little girl was so blessed by everyone!



So all in all, Taelyn's 1st birthday party was an EXTREME SUCCESS! The weather could have been warmer, but other than that, I was so happy with the way things turned out.







Happy Birthday to my little Miracle!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...