Wednesday, March 9, 2011

All About Todd

I have the most AMAZING husband. He loves me for me, I mean he REALLY loves me! I am nuts, if it were possible, I would leave my body to get away from me. For some reason, he stays, with all my nuttiness, he stands by my side. We have gone through pretty much everything together. We have conquered so many obstacles together and come out on top. When we exchanged vows, we really looked into the meaning of what our marriage contract really meant.







I am really upset with him right now because he deleted ALL my shows on DVR... yes, that is a silly reason to be angry, but I don't care. I am REALLY MAD! Some of the shows and movies he deleted, I had saved since like 2004. I was attached. Did I mention I am nuts? I really am coming from a place of LOVE. Sometimes in marriage, we need to remind ourselves why we love or are in love with our spouse.

For me, Todd is a class act. He is really great at EVERYTHING he does. It is kind of annoying how good he is at everything. He over achieves. He is a manager at work and I couldn't even count how many times his employees have approached me just to tell me how great it is to work for such an awesome boss.

He is a great Son and Brother. He is close to both his parents and that means so much to me because I come from such a close knit family. Although his family is spread all over the place, we manage to get some visits in a year and enjoy that quality time with them.







He is loving and always polite with my family which isn't always the easiest since we come from such different backgrounds. My family is LOUD and always around. Whenever I ask if he is getting annoyed or getting a headache (which is super easy with my side) He just says he is fine and sticks it out. I think that he may find comfort in my family's closeness since his immediate family live so far.







Todd is SILLY!!! I have NEVER met a kid that didn't like him right away. I don't know if it is because he is like a big kid himself, or if it is because of the crazy, silly things he does with them. That blue tape was all Todd's idea!





Todd is the best friend a guy could have. He is a man's man. He loves just hanging with the boys. He is the guy that you call when you need to move your entire life's belongings at a moments notice and he will be there dressed and ready to break his back for you... literally, and he has, on many occasions.



He is a die hard sports fanatic. His knowledge of everything sports is ridiculous. No one should remember that kind of useless information, but Todd does.




Even though I get forgotten during football season, its ok because I know his passion, and I am fine with that. He sat through Twilight AND New Moon with me on opening night despite all of the screaming teenage girls. He was reluctant, but again, he did it, and the only reason I can think of is because he loves me. He complained the whole time, but I think he just might secretly like the whole saga even though he states otherwise.



When I was on bed rest with Taelyn, I was forced to move downstairs to my "Island" aka the family room couch. I couldn't go upstairs so Todd slept downstairs on an air mattress so he would be close to me if I needed anything throughout the night. Every time I had a doctor appointment, I had to be taken in a wheelchair because I was not able to walk.





He got Taelyn's nursery together. He assembled everything that needed to be put together. He really stepped up in a time where I couldn't. I was amazed. He made me breakfast and lunch and left it in a cooler for me while he was at work and arranged for dinner whether he brought it home to me after work or had a friend bring me something. He thought of everything.



When Taelyn finally was on her way, he was a great coach, even though I was in extreme pain and scared out of my mind, he was there cheering me on and helping me push.



Todd is such a great daddy. Taelyn won't ever really know how lucky she is to have such a loving and understanding daddy.







Todd is my backbone and anytime I have ever needed him to be strong because I didn't have the strength, he always stepped up. When we lost our baby boy, I was so sad I couldn't even function and he put all of his feelings aside to make sure I was ok. I honestly couldn't ask for a better husband. I thank the Lord for him everyday. Although I don't show how much I love and appreciate him the way I should, I REALLY do! I am so happy and proud f the life we have built and are continuing to build together. I married well. :)





2 comments:

  1. Awwwww....the sweetest blog ever!!! You blessed me about my own son ;) Of course in marrying my son, I got an amazing Daughter in Law!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute post :) Yay for amazing husbands!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...