Friday, March 4, 2011

Healthy-Sick-Healthy in 24 Hours

Yesterday, Taelyn was feeling great! She was having a great day. We ran errands in the morning, hung out with Apo, she enjoyed a nice play date with her friend Kailey who lives a house away. Taelyn is 3 months older than Kailey.











She felt warm after her afternoon nap, but she was happy and playful, so I thought it was no big deal. I called Grampy just in case and he said to give her some Tylenol and just keep an eye on her. If she isn't fussy or lethargic, it was probably nothing.

1:23 am:I jumped out of bed because my baby was SCREAMING!!!! This has NEVER happened. I looked at her monitor and she was standing in her crib just screaming for someone to get her. Todd rushed into her room and found that she was burning up. I took her temperature and she was 102.9. Oh geeze! I was so sad because she was just so pathetic looking. I gave her some more medicine, put a cold wash cloth on her forehead and just let her lay in bed with mama and dada until she fell back asleep.

4:02 am: Again with the screaming cry. Oh our poor little girl. Todd again went and got her out of her bed and I took her temperature again and it was 102.2. It was getting a little better, but I still didn't want to let her out of our sight. I didn't go back to sleep after this. She did, but I was waiting til 7am so that I could call and get her in to see her doctor. So the moment the office opened, I called and made a same day appointment.


She fell asleep in between the couch and the ottoman. Poor thing.


10:10 am: Our appointment with Taelyn's pediatrician went well and of course by this time her fever was down to 101.8. He checked everything and said her ears look good, her lungs sound fine, so it is just a slight fever and if it gets to be over 104, then we should be worried. Anything below that can be treated with Tylenol (basically what we did, thanks for nothing... at least we got peace of mind).

12:00pm: My mom calls and I tell her that Taelyn is sick and she says she is on her way...

12:25 pm: Apo is here and she takes Taelyn to the door and rubs her head and then throws the invisible sickness out the door. Did I mention my mom is Filipina and quite crazy? She then says some chant in Filipino basically saying that the sickness needs to leave her grandbaby alone! Then she continues to rub her head and then throw the sickness out the door. Then she took her to the sink and splashed water all over he head and was doing the sign of the cross on her forehead. Did I mention she is VERY Catholic and quite crazy??? RIGGGGTTT, so when she was done with the craziness, and realized I was looking at her like she had poop on her face, she said that she used to do that to me when I was a baby... Good thing I was a baby and DON'T remember any of that. I do vaguely remember my own Apo doing that to me. (I wish I would have gotten a picture of this, but my mind was a bit preoccupied)




4:15 pm: I woke Taelyn up from her nap on accident because I was trying to take her temperature without her fussing with me and she felt fine! Her temperature was a normal 98.9. She was happy and playful and talkative and just a joy. Completely different than the lethargic baby that I put down for a nap 3 hours earlier. I had my baby back and she was ready to PLAY!! I don't know if it was the meds or my mom's crazy Filipino Voodoo, but my baby is back and I survived our 1st round of real sickness as parents. It was a rough one. Todd and I could hardly sleep worrying about our "Little Miracle Baby" I'm just so thankful that it is over and she is happy and healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...