Monday, February 1, 2010

Accomplishments of the week!

So I have had a VERY full weekend.... with all that happened this weekend, I am surprised that Baby Taelyn is not here yet... thankful, but surprised.
Lets start with Friday: We had a Doctor appointment and from my last blog, we all know how that went. When we got home my mom and Richard were here cleaning the house to get it ready for the shower. We all tackled the list of things that needed to be done. It took all day. Kellina came over to decorate and did a great job! Todd's dad and Step mom Pat came into town and hung with us for a while. Then my niece Maila came from the Philippines for the 1st time and is gonna stay with me and Todd to help out while I am on bed rest. She speaks and understands very little English so I have to play interpreter for Todd. It should be really helpful to him so he doesn't have to do so much. Very good productive Friday!


Saturday was our baby shower.... WHAT A DAY!!! It was so amazing! Completely overwhelming and just wonderful all around. I really couldn't have asked for more. We were truly showered with gifts and friends. It was hard for me since I couldn't really leave my Island, but I did the best I could which was good considering how I am. I was proud of myself. Highlights: 1. Todd blessed the food before we ate, that completely made my mom's day, but it really meant a lot to me since I really don't ever hear or see him pray. 2. The Cake.... can we all say YUM!!!! It was Michelle's and they never seem to disappoint. Same cake we had at our wedding. Yummy! 3. Seeing old friends. I really was so happy to see some friends who I haven't seen in forever. That really meant so much to me that they took the time and effort to come and see me. 4. LaQualia, she was an AMAZING host of the games. She took charge and got everything done, she is the loudest person I know and she really kept things moving. 5. The Games, the guys were involved and really got everyone's competitive sides going! My brother, Jessica, Marisa, and Paul, just were after each other to get the clothespins! The way they were acting, you would have thought they were made of GOLD~ The baby bottle game was hilarious!!! Grown men and woman drinking out of a baby bottle to win a prize, Classic! 6. The gifts were awesome and plentiful... to think I was worried I wasn't going to have enough stuff for Taelyn. We now have more than enough baby stuff and are as prepared as we can be.

I am just so happy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...