Thursday, June 25, 2015

Wednesday: VBS and Birthday Lunch and VBS

As I said in my previous post, it was a crazy week.  So this is what happened on Wednesday: Taelyn had her second day of Vacation Bible School.  It was called Rock the World Summer Blast.  Oma cut up her shirt to make her look like a rocker.  She was the cutest little rocker girl. 

Taelyn and Nicolette
 Taelyn had SO many friends at this camp.  Everyday I heard about someone else she knew from camp.  She had three kids who were in her prechool class in her camp group.  Also, her entire mini's dance team were there too!
After we picked her up from camp, we picked Trent up from the babysitter and rushed to Riverside to meet up with my brother and his family.  They were having a birthday lunch since his birthday was on the 14th and his wife's birthday was on the 17th.  We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory.  Trent fell asleep just was we got there and when I woke him up getting him out of the car, it was like I ignited a bomb and the kid just exploded.  He was a disaster!  He was cranky and rude.  He didn't want to say hi to anyone when we walked in.  He wanted to sit at another table all by himself.  He was trying to play with the utensils and throw things.  He was at an all time low.  I didn't know what to do.  I took him outside multiple times.  Then I finally gave up and took him to the car, buckled him in and we just sat there while he screamed and flailed his body about.  I sat in the front seat and cried and prayed.  My brother came out and told us to come back in and finish lunch.  I was so embarrassed and exhausted, I didn't want to go back inside, but since it was their birthdays, I reluctantly got out.  My brother propped his phone up and put on a Ninja Turtle show and Trent sat still and ate.  I REALLY don't like to resort to electronics, but in this case, I gave in.  The rest of the meal was actually pleasant.  I'm so sad I didn't get any pictures, but I was emotionally drained I didn't think about it. 

After we ate, we dropped Oma off at home and went to another Vacation Bible School that is only on Wednesdays for a small church that my friend is apart of.  She asked if I could volunteer three years ago and we have been doing it ever since.  By the time this VBS was over, it was 8pm.  The kids were in bed by 9pm and I followed shortly after.  I was so ready to put the kids to bed, knowing we had an equaling long and busy day to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...