Thursday, June 4, 2015

No Sick Days for Moms

I very rarely get sick, I'd say maybe about once a year, if that.  When I feel like I might be getting sick, I take a cocktail of vitamins.  I take a prenatal, vitamin B12, Vitamin C and Echinacea.  This usually does the trick.

I woke up on Wednesday with my eyes sealed shut with gunk, my throat on fire, and green mucus in my nose and throat.  Sorry for being so graphic, but this is the gritty truth.  Todd was getting ready for work and had meetings all morning, so I had to soldier up and get the kids dressed and fed.  I took them to our babysitter and went straight into urgent care.

The doctor told me I had strep throat.  I have never had this before and man, oh man, I don't ever want to have it again! It is TERRIBLE!!  He prescribed some meds, I picked them up and came home and slept all day.  I woke up just in time to pick Taelyn up and take her to dance.  JJ, our neighbor, takes Trent on Wednesday and Thursday, since those are our long nights at dance.  After dance, I did our normal bedtime routine, dinner, bath, story, bed and then I went to sleep.

This morning, Trent and Taelyn woke up in horrible moods demanding breakfast, so despite being sick and feeling crumby, I woke up, got them dressed and fed them.  The whole time, they were fighting and complaining about having to eat their eggs.  Our rule is, you must eat the eggs first before you can eat the waffles.  Trent told me I was a mean mommy because I wouldn't make him any chocolate milk because he didn't finish his food.  I just started crying.  I feel so unappreciated and all alone.  I just sat in the pantry and cried.  I prayed to God to  help me get through the day and to not let them get to me because they really don't understand what I am going through and that they are just 3 and 5.  I came to the realization, this is the life I wanted and the life that I am so thankful for, so I just need to get over it because mommies don't get a break and they don't get sick days.  Some days being a mommy is HARD and today is one of those days.  Its not even 10am yet and I'm so ready for bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. So sad, but it is true. Mom's just don't get time off at home. Vacation with no children is the only break you get😉

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...