Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Taelyn's New Bed

A few weeks ago, Taelyn discovered she could crawl jump out of her crib. The first time she did it, nearly gave me a heart attack. It ended with her screaming in pain. I just knew she broke something. After assessing the situation, she was fine, but that one time, opened up doors for her, doors she never even knew could open, literally. She began making it a nightly thing. She would climb out of her crib and find us, whether we were in our beds upstairs, enjoying some alone "mommy/daddy" time or downstairs watching TV, she found us and thought it was time to party. That got old FAST! We put her back in her room and in her crib and she would climb out. It was becoming a nightly ritual and we didn't like it!

Todd and I decided it was time for her to get a big girl bed. Our great friends (and neighbors) JJ and Kellina were looking to get rid of their daughter's bed because she never slept in it--EVER. So after a long, sleepless night of Taelyn getting out of her crib and us putting her back in, I called Kellina and told her we are ready for the bed when they are ready to give it up and she said, "NOW."

JJ took the bed apart and that afternoon, Todd and JJ took it piece by piece from JJ's house across the street to our house and they put it together. It is a beast of a bed and they got it all done just in time for the kids bath time, so right after bath, we put Taelyn to sleep in her big girl castle bed.
Such handy guys!
Took about 2 hours to assemble
Finished product... CASTLE BED!

To our surprise, Taelyn LOVED the bed and was not intimidated by it at all. She was playing in it and Todd said it was "Tud Tud Time" (Night Night Time in Filipino) She took her "KiKi" (Blanket) and laid down. Todd laid down next to her until she was good and comfortable and then he left her and she stayed in her bed ALL. Night. Long. She didn't get out once! We were so excited. I kept waking up through the night to check on her through the video monitor. I even went as far as to go into her room to make sure she was still breathing because I just couldn't believe she was sleeping so well in her new bed!
This was taken at like 3 in the morning
I needed proof she was still sleeping
This is the view from her window
This is the picture I put together to post on Instagram

1 comment:

  1. That's probably the coolest girl bed ever. I would love to have had that. Heck, I'd take it now...and I'm 26 years old. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...