Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Days

Things around her have been kinda crazy. I have been doing so much with the kids. I love Summer days and the fact that I can spend my days with my kids and do whatever our heart's desire. We have spent a lot of time in water. Those who know me, know that I am NOT a fan of water. Being that I am not necessarily black culturally, (I'm Filipino and Honduran) I have "Black" traits when it comes to my skin color and my HAIR. I joke and say, "My DO, don't do water!" BUT again for my kids, I will do anything, even get in water, although I didn't get my hair wet at all, I was prepared, in case it did get wet.

We went to the Regional park a few times and Taelyn loves it more every time we go
We met up with her friend Kailey
Taelyn would lay down with her hands on the bottom and pretend she was swimming
I did a really neat project with cornstarch water and food coloring
Taelyn didn't really enjoy it
She didn't like the way it felt on her hands
More swimming, this time, Trent REALLY enjoyed it, I think it was because Mama got in with him!
Todd, Leah, Trent and ME!
I love the fact my brother has an umbrella in the pool
Taelyn loves to play outside and run through the sprinklers
We have been going to Story Time at the library. Taelyn sits and listens to the story like a good girl, as long as she doesn't have any distractions. ;-)
Trent was excited because he got to hold a "twinkle star"
Trent playing with his friend Mila
If its not too hot, we go to the park

I try and do something EVERYDAY, if I don't, I think I am capable of losing my mind. I try and keep Taelyn stimulated, interested and BUSY. If she is busy doing things she has no time to act up or get upset about anything. Makes for really good days for her and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...