Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Busy Bags

I discovered these things called "Busy Bags" on Pinterest and just as I started pinning away, I got invited to a "Busy Bag Exchange" on Facebook by one of my friends. A Busy Bag is just as it sounds, a bag full of an activity to keep your kids busy.

The exchange was perfect! How awesome to get a bunch of women together to make busy bags and exchange the bags and now we all have different bags to keep our littles busy! In this case there were 19 of us. Each of us made 19 bags of the same activity and exchanged them and now we have 19 different bags! AWESOME IDEA!

I made Felt Popsicles. I cut out felt Popsicle tops that needed to be matched to the Popsicle stick that had the corresponding color.
It is a great game to help teach colors which my little girl is struggling with
I did 6 colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, the colors of the rainbow.
I used all 4 sides to the Popsicle stick to make different levels to the game for different stages of learning. I wrote them in the same colors, in black, and a fruit that is the color, as well as gluing the felt to the Popsicle stick for sensory matching. I purposely picked this activity because I thought that it would be super easy for me, but it proved to be quite the opposite. The busy bag for the kids, kept this Mama busy for a total of about 5 hours to finish everything. I spread it out over the course of the weekend, but Taelyn really enjoyed it, so hopefully the other kids do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...