Sunday, November 13, 2011

Discovery Museum of the Desert

Last week Taelyn had a play date field trip with a few of her friends. Tylia, her best, best friend and Alana and Sidney (twins). Tia Tanka set it up. We met up at Rob's house (father of the twins) and Tee, (Tylia's daddy) went with Rob. We fit 3 car seats in the back of my car. I put Trent in the middle of Taelyn and Tylia, and Tia Tanka rode shot gun with me.



We headed out to Rancho Mirage to go to the Children's Discovery Museum of the Desert. I really didn't know what to expect, but we were getting out of the house with friends and that was good enough for me. When we got there, I found out that Taelyn and Trent were free and I just had to pay $8 for myself, so that was a double score!


The museum was AWESOME!!! There were so many things that the kids could do. Taelyn automatically gravitated towards the blocks. There were many different stations where the kids could play. Taelyn tried pretty much everything. It was nice to be able to let the kids run wild without worrying about how they could hurt themselves. The room was pretty much child proof.


Tubes and balls

Rope Maze


Dress up room

Speed Wheelchair

Taelyn driving, looking back at her friend Tylia

Giving Tylia a ride

Grocery Shopping

Yummy Eggplant looks good

Waiting in line to check out

Random places Taelyn felt the need to wedge herself into


Silly girls having fun

Rob just had to get on the Police Motorcycle (diaper bags and all)


We played at the museum for nearly 2 1/2 hours. The only reason we decided to leave was because me and Tia Tanka were hungry and wanted to eat at Ruby's. While at dinner, Tanka made a great observation; We left at noon and we were having dinner at about 4:30pm and we had gone ALL day with not ONE tear shed by ANY of the girls. That is BIG considering Taelyn is a bit of a cry baby. Also that all of the girls got along so well, they didn't exchange any hits and they shared well with each other. What an awesome day! We ended our night at Ruby's and got home at nearly 6pm. We had a full and fun day. I did bath time a little early and by the time I was done, Taelyn was so ready for bed. She went to sleep nearly an hour early because she was so worn out by the day. The kids had a great time and so did the parents. I think that was a very successful field trip and we must do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a totally awesome time. That Children's Murseum reminds me of the Imagine That Museum here in Jersey. it was a lot of fun and very interactive for the kids (of all ages). Miss you much and you little man is getting so big. Hope to meet him someday soon.

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...