Saturday, September 2, 2017

DIY DIVA


I am not a DIY kinda person at all.  I'm a, hire someone else to do everything I need, kinda person.  It is not because I am incapable, its more like I have a feeling I could potentially mess it up, so I would rather hire a professional to do it and save me some stress and irritation in the long run.  With this all being said, I have wanted to get new dining room chairs for the longest time. After a conversation with some friends about reupholstering furniture, I felt motivated.

This is Trent's chair.  I tried to keep him in one chair, but this kid is difficult sometimes and likes to move chairs around and honestly, I lost control somewhere and this is the result.  
This is the material I chose.  It is a leather/pleather material.  Something that can easily be wiped down. I love the pattern.  

The project took about two hours for eight chairs.  I actually used a screwdriver and an electric staple gun!
BEFORE 
I am very happy with the results.  I am most happy about the fact that I did it myself and I didn't need to call/hire anyone to finish it for me.  Not bad for my first DIY. 

AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...