Sunday, July 16, 2017

Two Years

It has been a little over two years since I last publish a blog post. This morning I was reminded of a post from four years ago entitled "Rough Season." This made me realize that right now, in this very moment, The DiMillo's are in a really wonderful season of life.  Taelyn is seven and is still very active in dance. She is really  coming into her own and finding her own style. 

Taelyn's Ballet Photo Shoot
 
Trent is five and has ventured into taekwondo, soccer and he really loves to swim. The boy is a fish!

Trent Being Silly at Swim


Life lately is busy, really busy. I have transferred my enjoyment of a full schedule to my kids.  Just like me, they thrive when they have a lot to do. It is summer, so we should be slowing down and enjoying the time to do nothing, which we do, (kinda) but we have some sort of activity everyday.
DiMillo's on the 4th of July

Taelyn is going into the second grade and Trent is going into kindergarten *insert tears*
They are FUN and when I say fun, I mean I REALLY enjoy them right now. They have funny personalities and they have definitely inherited the DiMillo wit. They are quick with comebacks and funny jokes. They hold full conversations with everyone they come into contact with. They  love each other, look out for each other, they have an amazing love for God and an appreciation and respect for Todd and me as their parents. They know right from wrong, (for the most part,) they make good choices (mostly) and obey. They do their share of fighting and misbehaving and making bad choices, but they accept their punishments gracefully and move on. My kids are seriously a JOY right now. I'm loving this season of life and I'm so thankful I was reminded of a rough season so I can actually be aware of a good season before it's too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...