Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Dominican Republic


About to take off!
The day after the 4th of July we woke up at 4 in the morning and headed to LAX to catch a flight to Miami connecting to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.  We traveled all day and arrived in Punta Cana at 9:30pm their time.  We didn't get to see anything because got in so late, we checked into our room, ate some dinner and wandered around the hotel.  We didn't get to bed until nearly 1am.  I woke up to Todd and the kids in the Jacuzzi.  This is the way to start a vacation! 
We met up with my East Coast Family from my dad's side.  My favorite Tia and Tio.  My cousin Jennifer, her husband, Sam and their two kids Deitric and Cecilia. 
 It was so cool vacationing with family.  Deitric is 17 and is SO good with the kids.  He was a trooper when it came to Trent wanting to do every single thing with his big cousin.  Cecilia and Taelyn were two peas in a pod.  It really was ideal. 

So it just wouldn't be a real vacation if I didn't get hurt somehow.  I stepped on something and it punctured my foot.  It hurt initially, it wasn't bleeding, so I kept walking, then I looked down and my food was all bloody. I went to see the medic on sight, he cleaned it up, asked me when my last tetanus shot was and sent me on my way with a band aide.  I was fine really, it looks much worse than it was.
Our whole vacation consisted of us spending time at the pools at the resort and going back and forth to the beach.  Everything was so so beautiful. 


The skies were breathtaking, the waves were super strong, but the water was warm. The sand was so soft and not grainy.  We loved every bit of being on the beach, even me, I usually hate the sun, the sand and the water.  It was tolerable in Punta Cana!


The girls painted a beautiful picture
Every night was some sort of dance Party.  Every single one of us enjoyed all of the dancing, the entertainment and all of the FOOD!! Did I mention it was an ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT? Oh. My. Word!!
Trent showing off his neon paint at the Neon Party
 I love a good dance show and every night was something different.  There was a Michael Jackson Tribute Show, Tropical Show, Magic Show, Disco Show, Carnival, Crique Du Soleil Show.  Every show was impressive.  Then after the show we would dance all night until the kids were exhausted and we went back to our room to sleep. 
The kids with the dancers of the Tropical Show

We went on one excursion on a Boogie Ride.  It was so FUN!! They were like go carts.  Todd drove while I took as many pictures of the country side and wild life I could.
The Boogie Ride was super fun, but boy was it DUSTY!! We needed to wear masks to protect our faces and glasses to protect our eyes.  


We rode the Boogies to a cave and we got out and we were actually able to walk down into the cave and swim. 




 The cave was deep and kind of creepy because it had the gorgeous, but odd blue tint.


Deitric looking up at me

Deitric and Trent were the first ones in the water

Trent was loving every minute swimming in the cave

The water was cold, but refreshing

This was the best family photo I could get under the waterfall in the cave: Epic Fail

Todd in the blue cave

The kids in front of the Resort
Heading back from the Cave excursion, my cousin Jennifer and I were talking to this couple and we found out that he happens to be a football player for the Colts, Jon Bostic! He was the coolest guy.  I liked him before I knew he was a football player, now I am a fan!

Speaking of football players, the Gronkowski Brothers, who play for the Patriots, were also at the Hard Rock. 


Pool Party

Pool Party

Foam Party

Foam Party

This is the most Taelyn was on the beach the whole week

Our last night, Taelyn and I had matching hair
It was a wonderful family vacation! I'm so thankful that I was able to spend it with my east coast family.  I will cherish these memories forever. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome vacation! I'm so glad you enjoyed the sun and sand :)

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...