Thursday, December 12, 2013

Its Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas

Since having kids, Christmas decorating has gotten a lot more elaborate.  I would decorate every year, but I never really took it further than our house. I would decorate the Christmas Tree and hang a few other festive things around the house, but that was it.  Now with the kids, they seem to get so excited about everything, I have really gone all out (well, for me).  I took it farther than just the tree. 
 I asked Todd to hang lights outside, we have done it in the past, but for the last two or three years, we haven't done it.  Todd's logic is, "when our house is decorated, we can only enjoy it for a few seconds before we drive into the garage and don't think about it again, BUT if all of our neighbor's decorate their houses, we can enjoy looking at all of their houses from our house." Super lame, that's just him being a Scrooge.  He told me if I wanted lights, I could do it myself, so....

This is me doing it myself
 When I got the lights together and the ladder, nails and hammer together, he said, he'd do it, but at that point, I was already set to go, so I did it. 
 The photo Todd put up on Instagram
 While I was putting up the lights, Todd was raking up the leaves and letting these little ones play in them.  In Todd's defense, he did edge and mow the lawn for the first time in two months...
 The end result of our hard work.  It's simple, but I am totally happy with the way it turned out. 
Todd's mom is coming to visit for Christmas and so the whole day, Taelyn kept saying, " I see all the Christmas stuff, but I don't see Oma anywhere, she is supposed to come for Jesus's birthday and she's not here yet!"  It really was cute, and kind of sad because she just knew that once we put up the decorations, Oma would just pop up from behind something.  We explained she would be here just before Jesus's birthday and so she wasn't really satisfied, but she quit asking about it.  Until then, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in the DiMillo home and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. haha, I can't believe he made you hang the lights, that cracks me up. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...