Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Baby shower!!!

I am VERY excited about my baby shower. It is going to be Saturday January 30, 2010.... I love the date. We originally were going to have it in March, but since this little girl seems to want to make an early appearance, we were forced to speed up the process. So that is how we came up with the January date. Plus as you will learn I am big on numbers and what they mean and so I thought what better date that the 30th... I will be 30 weeks. In my mind, this is a good sign.

Side note: My Birthday is December 10th and my Husband's birthday is June 20th.... so right smack in the middle of those dates is March 15th, our wedding day. Sooooo Our goal is 30 weeks and anytime after that is just a bonus, so being that I am super huge on numbers, I have decided I want Taelyn's birthday to be on February 10, 2010.... doesn't that just have a nice little ring to it? I think it would be perfect for her to be born on the the 10th since I was born on the 10th. Obviously I am a bit of a control freak, I want to decide what day my baby comes into the world. The way I see it, I pray everyday for her health and safety, doesn't hurt to throw in when I want her to come too, right? I think if you speak it into existence, God will make it all happen.

Back to the shower! So I am so anxious. I am a true entertainer and I love having people over, but this time and this party is going to be very different only because I am confined to my Island. This alone leaves me very ANXIOUS... I won't be able to greet people as they come in (and make sure they take their shoes off) I won't be able to serve people, if people want to talk to me, they have to come to me. PLUS it will be a lot of people in my house, more than the usual. They won't know where things are and some people won't know other people. I just want everyone to have a great time for a wonderful common cause. It has been a very long road for Todd and I and everyone is just as excited if not more excited about us having kids considering our previous loses. I trust that God will take care of all of my worries and anxiety, so I leave it to him and I hope all who are here enjoy themselves. Thanks.

Here are some pictures of the favors I made for the shower. The green Ribbon says TaelynMylanah and January 30, 2010. The bottle says T+T=Baby Taelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...