Thursday, August 25, 2011

1st Days Back On the Island

Monday: My first full day back on bed rest. It was actually not that bad. Todd was home and so he pretty much took care of me and Taelyn. Then the Morris' and the Hekman's came over for game night. Boy was that FUN!!! We all laughed and had a great time! It is really fun to hang out with other married couples. I really enjoyed having them over and I am looking forward to doing that again.

Tuesday: Richard, my brother, came over to spend the week with me. My mom stopped by and brought lunch and in the afternoon my Sorority Sister Gerri came over to help and keep me and Taelyn company. Shaelyn, my neighbor brought over dinner for us and the day just seemed to fly by.

Wednesday: This was a HARD day. After breakfast, Todd left for work and Taelyn was really sad about it. This was their conversation:
Todd: "Give Dada kiss, I have to go bye, bye."
Taelyn: "No, no, no Dada. No bye, bye!"
Todd: "Baby, I have to go to work"
Taelyn: *crying* "No bye, bye Dada, no!"

It literally broke my heart, and Todd's. He ended up playing with her for about 10 minutes longer and then when she wasn't looking he snuck out. It was a rough day after that. Taelyn was NOT being bad, she just kept trying to get away, was getting into things she usually never even notices and was just plain losing her mind!

It started with her trying to put her shoes on and saying "Bye, bye" every 5 minutes, that got annoying fast.


Then she decided to pull out ALL of her shoes and was playing with them and bringing them to me one at a time. That was just sad.


Here is where she started to lose her mind. She has NEVER even noticed that there was a handle on the recliner. She started climbing it from the side where the handle was and jumping off the front of the recliner. Talk about a heart attack. She thought it was the funniest thing in the world.


Then she finally gave up and was trying to call reinforcements to come get her. I gotta get this girl out of the house.


I don't feel bad that I am on bed rest, I am willing to do what I have to do to get this baby boy out safely, but my poor Taelyn doesn't understand what is going on and she has cabin fever, and she has it BAD. She hasn't left the house since Monday. I don't know if there has ever been a time since she was born that we stayed home this many consecutive days.

Thursday: Today has not been bad, Rich is still here helping me, my mom and Eddie came over for a bit. It helps when Taelyn has other people to play with. These pictures are from today. She has an obsession with her shoes and I thought that it was funny that she wedged herself in the entertainment nook between the entertainment center and the wall where we keep her shoes. Her facial expressions are the cutest thing.





I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I have a doctor appointment and stress test in the morning. My sorority sister Tiffani and her baby Tylia are coming over. Taelyn LOVES playing with Tylia and they play so well together.... "They are the best, best friends that anyone can ever have!" Also my "Boo Boo's" are gonna come over and have lunch with me! I can't wait to see them. We all cheered together in college and we were the best of friends, then life got in the way. Stevi is still local and we try and see each other when we can, but Andrea joined the military and moved to Japan and got married and this is the 1st time in like 7 years we will all be together! I'm sure I will dedicate an entire blog to just them!

This week has had its ups and downs, but I'm making it though.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl, you are doing great so far! At least this time around you are MUCH closer to the end :) It was so much fun to hang out with you guys and play games last week!

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...