Monday, August 8, 2011

1st Time Eating With Utensils

I am totally lame and I have never really let Taelyn eat with utensils. I really don't have a reason why, I just never thought of it. I always feed her. She eats some things that are dry with her hands, but never with an actual spoon or fork. I never thought to do so. I saw Taelyn's close friend Tylia who is a month younger than her eating with a spoon and it hit me, "TAELYN SHOULD BE EATING BY HERSELF!"

I don't know why it never dawned on me. I feel like I have missed a step in her growth. She is 16 months, how did I let this slip past me? Well, tonight for dinner, she had ravioli, peas, carrots and a Hawaiian dinner roll and she ate it all by herself (with a little help from me) with a spoon. She really did great! Most of the food made it to her mouth. She finished all of her food and seemed thrilled to be eating by herself. Every time she made a full spoon full into her mouth, I clapped and danced and cheered her on, she loved it. From now on, this little one is going to be eating on her own.





I have a slight issue with the mess, but she has to learn. I will just give her more baths, I guess. My baby is getting so big right in front of my eyes. She did amazing for her 1st time eating with utensils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...