Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday Brunch and I Saved a Lizard!!!


On Sunday, I went to brunch at Castaways with some old coworkers of mine. They work in Todd's department, so I haven't worked with these ladies for over 8 years. We have kept in touch because of Todd but, you just don't lose touch with friends like these. Of course, Alisia and I are connected forever because we are more than friends, we are FAMILY! Plus her son is my Godson AND it doesn't hurt that she lives 4 houses away :) Stephanie and Rachel are a bit harder for me since we don't live near each other, we have different schedules and like with everything else, life just gets in the way. We got there at 9am and didn't leave until 1:30pm. Time just flew by. We talked about everything and laughed and just enjoyed each other. It was a really great time.

When we got home, Todd left to go to lunch with one of his friends. My sorority sister Tekura stopped by to bring me some cupcakes (like I really needed them.) They were sooooo GOOD!!! We were sitting on my Island just talking and Tekura saw a lizard zoom by the recliner. I didn't want to kill it and I especially didn't want it in the house, so I grabbed a cup and we cornered it and he ran right into it. I put the little thing outside. I felt mighty accomplished because we saved the little bugger's life. I am NOT the kind of person that usually can/would do something like that. I usually squeal like a scared child, so this was big for me! I even took the time to take some pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...