Monday, August 8, 2011

Yucaipa Regional Park

Friday morning started off like any other day. Taelyn and I woke up and had breakfast together. This morning we had eggs, hash browns and turkey sausage, (our favorite). After breakfast, I was washing the dishes and she came into the kitchen with a pair of shoes and said "Bye, bye." I guess she has become accustom to leaving the house soon after breakfast, only this morning, we had nowhere to go....

I sat on the couch on Facebook while Taelyn played, Jess Hekman said she was going to go to Yucaipa Regional Park if anyone wanted to join her. I thought, "Not necessarily my cup of tea, but why not?" So I went straight to the kitchen and packed a lunch for us, got Taelyn dressed in her swimsuit, got myself ready and we were off. After a short 10 minute drive, we were there.


We got there the same time Jess and her kiddos did. We picked a not so nice sunny spot where the kids could play in the sand and were close to the water. I brought a blanket that we could sit on and sunblock, that is about it.... I forgot to bring towels for us, I didn't think to bring a chair for me, and most importantly I didn't bring an umbrella. All things that I have handy in my garage. I don't usually do outings like this, so I honestly was so unprepared. I didn't even have sand toys for Taelyn to play with. We were pretty pathetic. Thank God Jess does things like this often. She had toys that they kids shared and I was fine sitting on the blanket. I was worried about Taelyn and the sand, since the last time we went to the beach, she didn't even want to walk on it. She was hesitant, but she did it!


I went in the water 1st and Taelyn followed. She seemed to like it. She played and splashed happily. The water was cold to me, but we got used to it. She didn't want to go in past her knees, but that was fine by me. She had a shovel and bucket that she played with.


She was happy, I was happy. After about 45 minutes, I decided it was time to eat. We sat on the blanket and ate our lunch. She didn't seem too interested in playing in the sand, (didn't bother me one bit). I really was trying to enjoy the nice sunny day, especially since I was in good company and Taelyn really seemed like she was having a good time. I ended up sitting in my favorite spot, her stroller, to avoid the direct sunlight. Jess was so kind to take a picture for me to send to Todd at work.


When we were done eating, Taelyn and I went back in the water and played for a little while longer. When were were about to hit the 2 hour mark of being there, I had about all I could take and decided that it was time to go. It was nearly 12:30pm and time for Taelyn's nap. Luckily it was so hot that being out of the water for about 10 minutes dried us up and we didn't need a towel anyway.


It was a great time, I actually enjoyed watching Taelyn play in the water and interact with Jessica's kids. She loved it and because of that, we will most definitely do this again. Next time though, I WILL bring an umbrella so that it will be more enjoyable for me too. I am stepping out of my comfort zone for Taelyn and finding things that I thought were utterly awful, not so bad. My baby had so much fun that we didn't even make it out of the park grounds before she was knocked out in her car seat. I am glad we did this and will for sure do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...