Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Tuesday: Universal Studios and Dance Moms

Last week was completely, ridiculously, insanely busy!  It was so nuts, I feel like I need to blog about it day by day.  Monday I had to work, so I didn't get to do anything with the family.  Todd's mom flew into town to be here for Taelyn's recital.  Taelyn had her first day of Vacation Bible School.  Todd and his mom dropped her off and picked her up while I was at work.  

Tuesday: Todd had his company picnic at Universal Studios.  Taelyn had pictures for her recital at 5pm.  We got to the park as soon as it opened, so we could do as much as we could before we had to leave.  As soon as we got there, we got on the Tram Ride.  This is my all time favorite.  It reminds me of my dad and mom when they were together.  It is probably one of the very few good memories I have of my parents being together. 
It was all smiles getting on the Tram Ride
 We warned the kids that there were a few scary moments, but it was all only pretend.  When it was time for King Kong, Taelyn just unraveled. She was beside herself with fear.  Trent was scared, but instead of crying, the kid tried to beat King Kong up!! He was throwing punches and yelling at him to get away.  It was pretty awesome.  When it was over, Taelyn was inconsolable.  When she calmed down, the rest of the Tram Ride was great. 
After King Kong
 We were able to watch the Fast and the Furious Pit Crew Dancers and Taelyn was on the sidelines dancing, she wanted to take a picture with them.  She was so sassy, she told them she was dancer too and they just ate her up!
Posing with the Pit Crew
Matching Chucks
Despicable Me
 On our way out, we had to stop and take a family picture.  We tried to take a cute smiley picture, but we just couldn't get it together, so we went with silly.  I guess this fits us most. 
Mandatory Family Picture in front of the Universal Studios Sign 
We walked through City Walk to get to our car and we had pay a visit to the Dodger Store.  While Daddy and Oma shopped, this is what these crazies were doing!
Who do these kids belong to??
 We rushed back and got the studio just in time!
Jazz costumes

Hip Hop Costume
Taelyn absolutely LOATHES putting make up on, so her favorite "Big Girl"  put her makeup on for her. 

Peyton who she has named her "Jungle Gym" (because she climbs on her.)
When pictures were done, we rushed home so we could watch Dance Moms.  It was the night the episode that Taelyn and her dance team were on.  Taelyn was in the episode multiple times.  It was really exciting watching and searching for Taelyn and all the girls. 

Taelyn was so happy to see herself on TV!

It was such a busy day.  By the time the show was over, we all passed out!  Tuesday was just the beginning of such a busy week.  More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I think making a silly picture is so much better than having all but one or two people smiling. Good idea! Taelyn's face is just too sad when King Kong came out! :(

    ReplyDelete

Trent is 6!!

I blinked and my man turned six years old.  Every year I have had a huge party.  According to Trent, I give all of his friends weapons on hi...